Fight Of Characters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Of Characters

Fight Of Characters or FOC is a Warcraft 3 map categorized under the Hero Arena genre.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ACTIVATE FoC Account
You must first pass the FoC Exam before you can post in this forum. After you have registered in the forum, you must get activated by answering the question below. General Guide Usp_intense_action TAKE THE TEST
Subscribe to FOC Feeds
Wanna become one of the 1st to know the latest maps and updates from FIGHT OF CHARACTERS? Subscribe now by entering your e-mail address below.

Top posters
FroztSpectre
General Guide Vote_lcapGeneral Guide Voting_barGeneral Guide Vote_rcap 
Johnny04
HoshigakiSoul
HokageNinja
xbxcv0000
sensesfail1
ihaw-chan
ofcoursenot
Sekiyo
Million_Knives
Latest topics
» Please balance Fight Of Characters Revolution
General Guide Icon_minitimeby iuhasdan Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:33 am

» Please help me dudes
General Guide Icon_minitimeby #Naen Sun May 31, 2015 1:37 am

» Fight of Characters (English) Project [scratch]
General Guide Icon_minitimeby #Naen Sat May 30, 2015 5:30 pm

» Any 1 knows a current bot
General Guide Icon_minitimeby #Naen Sat May 30, 2015 5:26 pm

» FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!
General Guide Icon_minitimeby #Naen Sat May 30, 2015 5:20 pm

» Fight of Characters Which-Item-To-Buy Guide
General Guide Icon_minitimeby totot123 Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:16 pm

» Who plays FOCS 9.1a
General Guide Icon_minitimeby kayen101 Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:28 pm

» Change Naruto Skill
General Guide Icon_minitimeby owel Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:21 am

» Garena Malaysia room!
General Guide Icon_minitimeby FREE KILL Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:17 pm

General Guide

Go down 
+3
Johnny04
FroztSpectre
udgard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
udgard
Peasant

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 pm

These are some of the things I found out during my playing experiences. I hope this could be of some help to someone..

I. What should I buy?
This is probably the most asked question for beginners in FOC. There are many kind of items in FOC, but the most sought out items are the Hero Items (unique for every hero), health stones, claymores, and tomes. Now, let's see what these items do.
a. Hero Items
Hero Items are unique for each hero, and most of the time, they fit well with the hero's strength/weaknesses. Hero items are also one of the most efficient items in terms of bonuses/cost. Str tomes costs 12000 gold for 100 str (bought in 5 str multiples), and agi ones costs 10000 gold. Almost all items give at least 100 stats(some give 150) PLUS other bonuses such as armor(mostly 50, for those who actually give it), move speed, or attackspeed.
While it is great to have these, most of the time it is not wise to fill your inventory with just these. The reason is that these items doesn't provide as much HP and armor as other items (claymores and HP gems) which you will need for better survival. Some exception to these are inuyasha's weapon, which gives a solid 100 armor bonus
b. HP Gems
Often overlooked, HP gems is actually one of the best items in the game. A single gem grants you +1k to HP, and an upgraded one (costs another 3k gold, can be obtained by combining the HP gem with a Mana Gem on normal FOC, and simply by going to th circle with 3k gold available on Bleach versions) will give you 2k HP for a single item slot. ithout any boost, agi heroes tend to stay around only 1k-2k HP until late game, while str ones will get 2k-3k HP. Having a single Gem would mean almost doubling your HP, or if you see it the other way, a 50% reduction to percentage damage taken from your HP. Having 2 would give you between 66%-75% damage reduction... This would mean surviving a shiki's instant kill attack O_o
One of the reasons people keep this on thir inventory even late game is because it costs much, MUCH more to gain the sam amount of HP though str scrolls. 1 point of str only gives 5 HP, so to gain 2k HP would require 400 str... quite an amount to waste for agi heros that doesnt get the benefit of extra damage from str.
c. Claymores (axe+shield)
A solid power booster. The Claymore gives you +200 atk and +200 armor. While 200 atk can be easily obtained elsewhere, the 200 armor requires 400 agi to attain (2 agi = 1 armor), and having one or two of these can quickly turn you to a powerhouse, wielding both solid defense and a nice atk bonus. Be careful though, as it seems that armor doesn't cut skill damage, so go for HP gems first before getting this one.
d. Tomes
The final source of power.. Tomes are here you will spend your money when you have filled all your item slots. Did I say final? Actually, you don't necessarily have to wait for endgame to start buying tomes. Buying a few tomes right from the start can help you get some quick extra damage that would allow you to instant kill you enemies in a combo(allowing you to regain the money spent with the hero kill bounty), and it can also be useful to strengthen yourself when your enemies are tougher are monopolize most of the creeping spots, making it still a long way to go to the Hero Items. Rather than having your money sit idly, you can get some tomes, get stronger, and try killing your enemies. Buy the 100 all stat tomes if you need a bit more HP (for agi heros) or more aspd(str heros), but other than that, focus on gettting your primary stats instead, so you will get much more damage built up quickly.

II Starting Up
The first 5 minutes before the first duel is the key to ownage/being owned. When the game has just started, everyone is still weak(though some a bit stronger than others), and a single kill will get you enough money to buy Exp tomes, making you a step ahead in level. Once you are ahead in level, you will get kills easily, get more exp tomes, get to lv 10 earlier, be able to farm bosses earlier... ownage. So, try your best to get some killls in those first 5 minutes. 1 will give you an advantage, 2-3 will make you own, 4 and above and you're already halfway to victory. Remember the proverb, a good start is half a job done? It can't be more true here on FOC.

III Gameplay tactics
Remember that you're not playing alone. Support your teammates when they are getting attacked. Or else, you're running against the chance that the enemy will get stronger and your allies kept from being stronger.
Go for last hits on combats, but do NOT KS a boss creep! While KS-ing a hero is pretty much justifiable as teamwork, letting your friend whack a bosscreep only to steal their last hit is NOT good attitude. The opposite is very true when we are talking about your opponent, though. Try to KS bosses they fight everytime you can! If one of your teammates are fighting
a boss, stand guard on the teleport point near that spot, as enemies would most likely teleport there to try to KS your friend. While it is not good to KS your friend's boss, it is fine to do it if the boss is at low health and your friend is dead, to prevent enemies from taking the kill. HOwever, if no enemy has approached yet, try to guard the boss so your dead friend can come back to finish it.
Learn what your skills do, and how strong they are. Some heroes have powerful nukes with large cooldown; these can be used to quickly kill a boss creep or takedown a dangerous enemy. Some has very strong AoE skill with LONG cooldown (ishida uryuu, abarai renji, haku, etc); these can be used on mega creeps for a very large chunk of gold. Try farming mega creeps everytime this skill is available.
What is not less important is to know what your enemies are capable of. For example, ichigo can turn to hollow form when he gets to low HP. Thus, try saving a strong nuke for last hit so you can kill him before he reaches the critical HP state. WHen facing byakuya, choose to run when he activates his bankai (unless you are WAY stronger than him). When killing boss creep with shiki around, stop at all cost and kill him first, or he will easily KS your boss creep. Try to know what you are up against so you can choose a suitable strategy.

IV. Tips and Tricks
- most targeting skills can be dodged by blinking right before they hit you. If your character has blink, you can use it to dodge a blink-stun done to you...
- you can run away from your enemy (or chase him) by using the terrain that cannot be passed by walking, such as walls or the cliffs on the center arena.
- do NOT enter a duel arena to help a friend. While using skill are okay (i dunno if it's a bug, but sometimes you can control your hero even when they are just a spectator, and help your teammate), entering the arena will result in your hero disappearing from the game.
- you can use walls to hunt enemies from a distance. You can farm golems, boss creeps, and mega creeps without being scratched even a bit by using the walls that prevents them from going near you.
- golems are good for quick cash and xp, while bosses and mega creeps are good for a HUGE chunck of gold, but takes longer to kill.
- don't underestimate the small creeps on the middle. They also give very good xp and gold, and is easy to kill. If the other players are busy creeping on golems and leave the middle creeps unattended, it's a good chance to gain some gold and XP.
- on bleach versions, there are pots that can heal you. These are often a lifesaver on early games(when you still have an empty spot on your inventory), and can help you kill enemies and boss creeps early.
- always take note on where your enemies are, and be ready to stop them when they go for boss creeps, especially on early game.
- when you want to spawn more creeps, step on the circle in front of them (the circle you appear on when you use the teleport circle on your base). To spawn multiple times, stand behind the circle, press P (patrol), and click on the other side of the circle so your hero will move forward and back again&again, stepping on the circle multiple times. You might want to use the invisibility cloak(a mere 500 gold), so you don't draw the enemy's attention.
- Don't be afraid of the tower on enemy's base. They only hurt at first, but once you get powerful, you will be able to tank them and chase enemies down to their base.
- If you're not strong enough to fight an enemy that charges to your base, simply run to one of your teleport circles..
- If the enemy hero is unchasable in terms of power, strengthen yourself, then sneak on Buu and kill him. You will win although you might be weaker than the enemy. Some heroes are very good at killing Buu, the best example would be ichigo on bankai+vizard form.
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:38 pm

I know the glitch to enter the duel arena even if you are a spectator xD

Played with Ichigo too much until i manage to find out the glitch xD
Back to top Go down
Johnny04
Peasant
Johnny04

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:20 pm

I did that glitch and my character disappeared. The thing about how you move and use skills using duel is caused when you die and haven't respawned yet, then the duel starts. Then you spawn in spectator zone and you can move.
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:59 pm

Johnny04 wrote:
I did that glitch and my character disappeared. The thing about how you move and use skills using duel is caused when you die and haven't respawned yet, then the duel starts. Then you spawn in spectator zone and you can move.

Awwww. Why do you have to teach people that glitch =(
Now im gonna get killed by my opponent teammates in duel =(
Back to top Go down
Johnny04
Peasant
Johnny04

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 6:37 am

I thought it was pretty obvious...
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:10 am

Nah.

It's not very obvious.
People kept asking me how did i do it =X
Back to top Go down
Johnny04
Peasant
Johnny04

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 6:52 am

Well I thought it was pretty obvious...
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 2:01 am

Oh well, doesn't matter.

I don't think anyone is that lame to die before every duel just to help his own teammates.
Back to top Go down
Million_Knives
Peasant
Million_Knives

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 11:37 am

that glitch happened to me to LOL
i helped rock lee to kill orochi during the duel
Back to top Go down
kasikage
Peasant
kasikage

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 pm

a little help wont hurt.. ^^
Back to top Go down
yosikadiri
Peasant
yosikadiri

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:13 am

(Ahem*) going back to the guide... how much hp should an agi hero aim for? its hard to decide if i would go with the all stat or just the agi tomes.
Back to top Go down
sensesfail1
Peasant
sensesfail1

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:54 pm

agility heroes should go all stats, buying agi tomes is jus a waste of $. trust me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Guide   General Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Guide
Page 1 of 1