Fight Of Characters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fight Of Characters

Fight Of Characters or FOC is a Warcraft 3 map categorized under the Hero Arena genre.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
ACTIVATE FoC Account
You must first pass the FoC Exam before you can post in this forum. After you have registered in the forum, you must get activated by answering the question below. FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Usp_intense_action TAKE THE TEST
Subscribe to FOC Feeds
Wanna become one of the 1st to know the latest maps and updates from FIGHT OF CHARACTERS? Subscribe now by entering your e-mail address below.

Top posters
FroztSpectre
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Vote_lcapFroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Voting_barFroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Vote_rcap 
Johnny04
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Vote_lcapFroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Voting_barFroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Vote_rcap 
HoshigakiSoul
HokageNinja
xbxcv0000
sensesfail1
ihaw-chan
ofcoursenot
Sekiyo
Million_Knives
Latest topics
» Please balance Fight Of Characters Revolution
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeby iuhasdan Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:33 am

» Please help me dudes
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeby #Naen Sun May 31, 2015 1:37 am

» Fight of Characters (English) Project [scratch]
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeby #Naen Sat May 30, 2015 5:30 pm

» Any 1 knows a current bot
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeby #Naen Sat May 30, 2015 5:26 pm

» FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeby #Naen Sat May 30, 2015 5:20 pm

» Fight of Characters Which-Item-To-Buy Guide
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeby totot123 Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:16 pm

» Who plays FOCS 9.1a
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeby kayen101 Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:28 pm

» Change Naruto Skill
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeby owel Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:21 am

» Garena Malaysia room!
FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeby FREE KILL Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:17 pm

FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!

Go down 
+6
xbxcv0000
Johnny04
kasikage
FullMetal312
Million_Knives
FroztSpectre
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Empty
PostSubject: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:41 pm

Here's my Second Guide! Now it's on Gaara.

I started practicing using gaara 1 week ago, and i finally got hold of this character.

Well, i shall start with a introduction on this character.

First of all before you use this char, you must know some things.

Advantages of this character:
Skill spammer!
*Perma TRAP! (You got to know how to use it. I will explain it later on)
Easy Hunting when opponents are in group!
Avatar! This skill is for farming and for games which will last quite long.
*Not exactly perma, but it can last for more than 30seconds

Disadvantages:
Your specific weapon sucks....(Specific Weapon = Personal Weapon)
You will have a hard time hunting until you reach lvl 8 and 10.
Your walking speed will suck in the beginning. This makes it hard to chase opponents.
Always avoid long-range stunners. You'll be dead before you know it. Unless you are in a 4v4 with your teammakes backing you up, NEVER EVER face a long range stunner on your own.

Yeh! That's probably all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now it's about the skills and how you use them.

Skills
Sand Drizzle
Key - C
About the skill - Something like Desert Coffin(look below). This is a AoE attack compared to Desert Coffin.
Cooldown - 35 seconds.

Desert Coffin
Key - Q
About the skill - Well, to trap your opponents for some time. Good way to prevent opponents from running.
Cooldown - 15 seconds.

Desert Funeral
Key - W
About the skill - Explodes the enemy! Your target HAS to be trapped by Desert Coffin or Sand Drizzle! This will stun your opponents for 2seconds.
Cooldown - 2 seconds.

Quicksand Waterfall(Not sure about this name... There's 2 skills which looks similar)
Key - E
About the skill - Manipulates the sand to make it like a quicksand!
Cooldown - 30 seconds

Imperial Desert Funeral(Not sure about this name too... Either it's Imperial Desert Funeral or Quicksand Waterfall)
Key - R
About the skill - This looks like a waterfall. Once used, it will trap the enemies inside the sandfall and your opponents won't be able to move. Great for killing your opponents if they are in groups.
Cooldown - 80 seconds.

Shukaku
Key - T
About the skill - Transform Gaara into 1 tail mode(shukaku). Increases your HP, attack as well as your defence.
Cooldown - 120 seconds AT maxed level.
Using your skills WISELY!
After knowing about the skills, here are some tips on how to use them wisely.
*Always remember this, before you reach lvl 10, try to avoid your opponents in group! You don't have a very high dmg spell.*

Against enemies who have stuns
Always try to avoid them having the chance to stun you! When you're stunned, you will probably be dead....
If you can't avoid the stun, use Desert Coffin on him and whack again. In the starting, Desert coffin will only last for 2 or 3 seconds! Alwasy remember that. So after 2seconds, use Desert Funeral on him! This will stun him for another 2 seconds. If he is not dead, use Sand Drizzle on him and after 2seconds, use Desert Funeral. This will definetly kill anyone below 1000hp.
Note again, im using lvl2 Gaara as an example. Once you get to a higher level, your trap will last longer.

Gaara is not a deadly killer at low level, he will reach his low-level-killing-mode at lvl 8. Why? You can learn the 2nd level of Desert Funeral as well as Desert Coffin. This time, ur Desert Coffin will have a damage of 600 and stun for 2seconds. It's definetly better!

At lvl 10, you will be able to use Imperial Desert Funeral. Well, this comes to fun part. Most of the time, your opponents will be together to farm. Try to get ur ally to lure to to you, then u use Imperial Desert Funeral. This is a confirm-kill-skill at low level

Wooo! You forgotten about your Quicksand Waterfall skill! This is a great wall for walling man! Go to infernos, spawn them till they are maxed. Move to the side of the infernos/infront of the gate and use that skill. You're level will shoot between 1-4 times!

Oh well, i'll continue this tips later on. I shall start explaning on what items to buy for now.
Items to buy
Like i said, Gaara's specific weapon sucks.... And i really mean it sucks....
Here are some ways you can buy ur weapon,
------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st way
6 Gaara's Personal Item
Cost - $60k
Stats - +3000hp, +450def, +600atk, increased movement speed(if im not wrong)
2nd way
3 Excalibur, 3 Vitality Diamond
Cost - $66k
Stats - +6000hp, +600def, +600atk.
3rd way
3 Excalibur, 2 Vitality Diamond, 1 Elf Boots
Cost - $68k
Stats - +4000hp, +600atk, +612.5def, increased movement speed
4th way(Recommended by me!)
1 Specific Item, 2 Vitality Diamond, 1 Excalibur, 1 Bloody Axe, 1 Vanguard.
Cost - $60k
Stats - +100 to str/agi, +600atk, +475def, +5000hp
5th way
1 Specific Item, 1 Vitality Diamond, 1 Excalibur, 1 Bloody Axe, 1 Vanguard, 1 Elf Boots
Cost - $62k
Stats - +100str, +75 agi, +600atk, +487.5def, +3000hp, increased movement speed.

I will further elaborate on the 4th way.
First of all, when you get 10k gold, buy ur specific item first. Why? This will increase your hp by 500, 75 def, 100atk, increased movement speed and attack speed. This will be the starting point where you will kill your opponents while they are trapped. You won't even need to use Desert Funeral.
Probably you will need to kill the top 2 boss in order to get that money. So how do you kill the top 2 boss? Wall or just charge right to it. Here's how you should do it, walk up to him. Hit him once or twice, then use Desert Coffin to trap him. Now start whacking him for around 4seconds, now use Desert Funeral. Start whacking for a couple of times, then use Sand Drizzle, whack for a couple of times, then Desert Funeral. Probably he won't be dead. So just continue whacking. Don't be afraid! You have pots in your inventory!

After getting your 1st specific weapon, you can kill the top 2 bosses for the second time. Since you have your specific item, this will make things easier. Just buy 5pots and do the same thing again. Once you have a spare 3k, BUY the Vitality Stone! Now farm for another 3k and upgrade it to Vitality Diamond.

So right now, you should have increased your HP by 2000 and your damage by 100, def by 75. Start hunting your opponents!

Now start saving up till you can get a Bloody Axe or Vanguard. Buy either of them!
After buying, start saving and buy another Bloody Axe or Vanguard(If you bought Bloody axe first, buy Vanguard now. If you bought Vanguard first, buy Bloody axe now.)

After getting those item, save up and get ur Vitality Diamond.

AND LAST OF ALL, get your excalibur.
Just another Slight Note, if you are able to get 16k, buy Excalibur instead of Bloody Axe or Vanguard. This will boost ur damage and defence in the beginning.

And if you are wondering why i don't want to buy all Gaara's specific items, here's why.
With $60k, you can get better items with better stats than that. So why waste that amount of money? The attack speed and movement speed you need, you can get it by tomes once you reach lvl 28 and above.
Always buy the 19k tome. The reason is simple,
SO WHAT IF YOU ARE A STR HERO? In FoC, it's Damage Reduction that matters(in late games). Your HP won't mean a single shit. But of course in fast games, just buy str tomes all the way. In fast games, you probably won't reach lvl 50. This means that you'll be killed by skills, not their normal attacks.
But in late games, your HP would be like 15k++. Even if your opponent uses all their skill, you will still have around 4k hp left? If you have a damage reduction of 96%++, their damage will only tickle you...
Okay, this is confusing, i'll just summarise this.
In fast games(4v4s and sometimes 3v3s) - Buy Str tomes
In slow games(2v2s and sometimes 3v3s) - Buy +19k tomes.

How to tell if the game is going to end fast or slow?
Oh man... I thought this is common sense. IF your opponent/your team reaches like 25kills or 30kills++ even before the first duel, this means that the game will be ending fast.
If opponent/your team reaches only like 15kills after the first duel, this means that the game will end quite slowly.

Ok, that's probably all.
Extra tips:
Once you reach lvl 28 or even 38, you can start farming at the top right hand corner. How do you do that without dying? It's easy, go into shukaku mode, move towards the monsters, use Imperial Desert Funeral and stand in the middle. The monsters should probably by stuck in the middle too. The monster's wont be able to attack you as they are inside the Imperial Desert Funeral. When the Imperial Desert Funeral ends, use the Sand Drizzle to trap the monsters and start whacking again. By doing all this, you should probably earn around 30k++ already.
JUST ANOTHER NOTE! DO NOT SPAWN TOO MANY OF THEM! You will regret spawning too many of them.

If you find out that your stats are like 200 above your enemies, you're in luck. Find an ally with a AoE stun(like probably Yusuke or Goku) and kill off ur opponent. Walk towards your opponent base and use ur Shukaku(have ur ally to follow you). Use ur Imperial Desert Funeral inside your opponent base. Your opponents will now be trapped. Now slowly whack away and they will die. When they respawn again, use Sand Drizzle and prevent them from running away. Start whacking again. When your opponents spawns again, ask ur ally to stun them, now you start whacking again.
Your Shukaku will be able to tank the towers hit for quite some time. Your ally wont have to worry about dying as you're the tank.
*This might be considered cheating by some people, use at your own risk*

Regarding Perma trap
Ok, perma trap is actually a combo used in duel. Use Desert Coffin on him, start whacking. Then Desert Funeral. Start whacking. Sand Drizzle now, start whacking. Then Desert Funeral again. After he's stunned finish, use imperial desert funeral around him, then use quicksand waterfall. By the time the Imperial Desert Funeral ends, your Desert Coffin should have probably cooldown finished, then use it on him again, start whacking. After whacking, use Desert Funeral and start whacking again. This will make him trapped/stunned for more than 30seconds =)
NOTE: Do not waste your skill like this IF your opponent is way overpowered than you... You will just be wasting your skill. This skill is meant for dueling purposes. Dueling with opponents around your level/stats.

Dueling Guide
If you are pretty confident that next duel would be you, just buy cloak of invisiblity and use it. Once inside duel, if your opponent has stun, they can't do anything as they can't see you. So walk to them, use Desert Coffin and start your *Perma trap.
Well, that's all for this guide!
I'll find some other time to add in pictures and other stuff.
I took like 3hours to finish this guide, i'll probably continue this guide some other day. Im feeling very tired right now.

*Please do not RIP this and take credit as your own. Please give credits for me and ask me for permission if you want to repost this anywhere else. It took me a lot of time to do this guide, i do not wish to see my hardwork getting ripped and seeing people claim it as their own*

Links to my other guides:
Which-Item-To-Buy-Guide + Combination of Items Guide

Last edited by FroztSpectre on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Million_Knives
Peasant
Million_Knives

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:49 pm

wow!!!! a complete guide!!!
i'll support your guide!!!
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:53 pm

Thanks for supporting =)

I think there are other ways to use Gaara, and i hope to listen to everyone advices here to improve my strategies of using Gaara.
Back to top Go down
Million_Knives
Peasant
Million_Knives

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 10:56 pm

yup agree with the perma trap, i make fun of my friends when im using gaara during the duel time, i chuckle a lot when i saw their faces complaining!!! XD
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:35 pm

To those who doubt my guide, here's a evidence to show that it works.

FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! 2e1aoer

Btw, im too lazy to buy items as im going on my super hunting mode xD
There's no time for me to buy items.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal312
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 pm

Detailed guide, clearly explained. One word, Nice.
Back to top Go down
kasikage
Peasant
kasikage

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:05 am

nice guide.. ^^

and how to make the vanguard??

and what are the vanguard's attribute?
Back to top Go down
Johnny04
Peasant
Johnny04

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:26 am

Wow, extremely long guide. I was too lazy to read it, but I'll just say that you put a lot of effort into it.
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 10:11 am

Quoted from my other guide.

Here are some item combination which i know of. Please update me if there are newer things.

Belt of Str + Axe = Bloody Axe
Belt or Str + Shield = Vanguard
Slippers of Agi + Boots of Speed = Elf Boots
Belt of Str + Slippers of Agi + Voodoo Doll = Medal of Honor
Axe + Shield = Excalibur
Voodoo Doll + Ultrapendant Vision = Gamabunta Scroll

Here are some information regarding the items
Belt of Str - $3000. +25 Str
Slippers of Agi - $3000. +25 Agi
Axe - $8000. +100 Atk
Shield - $8000. +100 Def
Voodoo Doll - $3000. 50dmg/sec Immolation
Ultra Pendant Vision - $8000. +100 Atk and reveal invisible units.

Combined Items:
Bloody Axe - +200 Atk and +25 Str
Vanguard - +200 Def and +25 Str
Elf Boots - +25 Agi and Increase movement speed
Medal Of Honor - +25 to all stats and +25hp regen
Excalibur - +200 Atk and +200 Def
Gamabunta Scroll - Summons Gamabunta
Back to top Go down
xbxcv0000
Peasant
xbxcv0000

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:21 pm

what is vitality diamond?? what it looks like?
Back to top Go down
xbxcv0000
Peasant
xbxcv0000

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:21 pm

what is vitality diamond?? what it looks like?
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 8:50 pm

Vitality diamond = Vitality Stone +3k and walk inside the Combine circle.

It looks a diamond.
LOL.
Back to top Go down
kasikage
Peasant
kasikage

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:26 am

haha.. just buy the health and mana booster thingy then go in the circle..

health and mana booster cost 3k each..

^^
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 1:56 am

There's no mana booster in 8.0h. So it's just buying the Vitality Stone and walking inside the circle.(You need 3k though)
Back to top Go down
kasikage
Peasant
kasikage

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:44 am

lol.. havent played the 8.0 yet.. my computer just got broken.. damn..

using my laptop for forums and movies though..
Back to top Go down
Million_Knives
Peasant
Million_Knives

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:08 am

you should try out 8.0, they fixed many things in there
Back to top Go down
FullMetal312
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:21 am

I would reccomend you guys to play the korea version if you have memorised the items for your heroes. the korea ver. is much better
Back to top Go down
kasikage
Peasant
kasikage

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:39 pm

thats my problem..

im not good in memorizing.. XD
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:46 pm

I got a guide for the which item to buy.
So you don't have to worry.

Just write down on a piece of paper and you're done.
Back to top Go down
Million_Knives
Peasant
Million_Knives

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:38 pm

Me too i got probs in memo the items,
so my technique was to open the internet while playing with my friends then open up the focforum (this site) then browse through the discussions.
Then there's my item i just alt+tab then buy it.
the bad thing is im dead when i get back in the game just pawned by my friend or player 13. *sigh* -_-
Back to top Go down
FroztSpectre
Peasant
FroztSpectre

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 9:46 pm

Write down on a piece of paper =)

It rocks.
Back to top Go down
kasikage
Peasant
kasikage

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:29 pm

hahah.. im a lazy kid..

=p
Back to top Go down
xbxcv0000
Peasant
xbxcv0000

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:08 pm

wow your guide is effective this afternoon I played with my friend and he was complaining in th perma trap and my damage is so big hehe!!
Back to top Go down
kasikage
Peasant
kasikage

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:09 pm

a perma trap.. ^^

and its easy to kill boss..

without having you to be dirty.. ^^
Back to top Go down
xbxcv0000
Peasant
xbxcv0000

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:51 am

why in the other version gaara is range?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!   FroztSpectre's Gaara guide! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FroztSpectre's Gaara guide!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next